You Are Not Alone
Hearing about the experiences of others who have had problems with gambling and got through them with the help of the Statewide Gambling Therapy Service can be useful for people considering treatment.
In their own words, here are some of their stories:
- Roy I am a gambling (pokies) addict, the outward signs of this addiction were simple; I used every dollar I could spare (and money I could not spare) to put into the money-hungry pokie machines…. read more
- Elsie 12 years ago I first visited the pokies for fun and some light social entertainment. I could control the amount of money and time I was spending there. I considered myself to be responsible and did not think playing the pokies would become a problem for me…. read more
- Roger I consider myself fortunate to have been able to participate in this program as it has allowed me to regain my self respect by regaining control over my life and finances…. read more
- Andrew When I stopped drinking in 1992, after years of alcohol abuse, I almost immediately began gambling. It very quickly became a problem that I could not control…. read more
- Ruth I strongly encourage anyone who feels their gambling is having a negative impact on their lives and those around them to contact the service…. read more
- Rita I never thought that I would get an addiction from the pokie machines, but I did. I still am an addict, and I always will be, but I don’t gamble… read more
- Anne Over 20 years ago, I was introduced to the computer poker machines and well, that was the start of a horrific journey. I did not know at the time that these machines (that aren’t even real) would ruin part of my life… read more
Consumer Consultants (former clients)
When you make an appointment with our service you will have an opportunity to meet with a Consumer Consultant. This person has been through the program successfully and can provide insight into many areas that you might find helpful including:
- The journey through therapy
- The importance of Money Management strategies
- Any Questions you may have.
- All Conversations are free and confidential.
Chase your dreams, not your losses
The Statewide Gambling Therapy Service is provided by the Southern Adelaide Local Network, and is funded through SA Health
© Copyright 2024 Statewide Gambling